Saturday, February 21, 2026
More
    HomeAmericaIndonesia president says ready to face all possibilities after US Supreme Court...

    Indonesia president says ready to face all possibilities after US Supreme Court rejects Trump’s global tariffs

    -

    JAKARTA, Feb 21 (Reuters) - ‌Indonesian President Prabowo Subianto said ​on Saturday that his government is ready to face ⁠all possibilities after the U.S. Supreme Court rejected President Donald Trump's global tariffs.

    Prabowo, with his ​ministers, was in Washington D.C. this week to attend ‌the inaugural meeting of Trump's Board of Peace and for a bilateral meeting with the U.S. president ⁠to sign a trade deal ⁠that cuts tariff rates on Indonesian exports to 19% from 32%.

    "We are prepared for all possibilities. We respect the domestic politics of the ‌United States, and we will monitor the developments," ⁠Prabowo told reporters in a ‌video statement.

    Separately, Indonesia's chief negotiator ​for U.S. tariffs, Airlangga Hartarto, said on Saturday the government has requested the U.S. maintain ‌its previously agreed tariff exemptions ​for a number ⁠of Indonesian exports, such as palm oil, ‌coffee and cocoa.

    Minister Airlangga ⁠added Friday's trade deal between Indonesia and the U.S. is still in force despite the ​recent developments, saying ‌there will be a different treatment for countries that ⁠have signed a ​trade deal with Washington.

    (Reporting by Stefanno Sulaiman; ​Editing by Sharon Singleton)

    tagreuters.com2026binary_LYNXMPEM1K09J-VIEWIMAGE

    tagreuters.com2026binary_LYNXMPEM1K09I-VIEWIMAGE

    Author

    Stay Connected

    1,800FansLike
    259FollowersFollow
    122FollowersFollow
    1,263FollowersFollow
    90,000SubscribersSubscribe

    Related articles

    Latest posts

    Share on Social Media

    spot_img